C.N.A. (Job-011680)Silver Angels is currently recruiting CNAs/Home Care Aides for cases in and around the Monterey, TN area.
Provide assistance in the home with Activities of Daily Living, assistance with household cleaning and the maintenance of a safe home. Provide assistance in the home with routine household chores. Provide a nutritious and well-balanced meal prepared at or delivered to the home.
Work will be performed primarily indoors at residents’ homes, throughout all areas, and on carpeted, cement, wooden and/or tiled floors. Work will also be performed routinely around residents and guests and occasionally around other co¬workers and healthcare staff. Due to the nature of HSBC, worker may be exposed to occasional slippery floors, object on floors, chemicals, sharp objects, hazardous materials and waste (including human), blood borne pathogens, and communicable diseases, as well as high-stress medical and/or life threatening situations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Meet physical and sensory requirements stated below, and be able to work in the described environment.
• Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or improve the work environment.
• Provide personal care and assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) (i.e., grooming, bathing, feeding, toileting, oral care, nail care, dressing, etc.), as indicated by the treatment plan.
• Assist with homemaker services/routine household chores (i.e., dusting, sweeping/mopping floors, washing dishes, ironing, cleaning kitchen and bathrooms, providing laundry service, changing bed linen, etc.), as indicated.
• Plan, prepare, deliver meals, grocery shopping.
• Complete errands (i.e., getting a prescription filled, etc.).
• Follow assignment sheet for tasks.
• Check/record vital signs to include temperature, blood pressure, respirations and pulse as indicated (certification required).
• Ambulate and transfer clients, utilizing appropriate assistive devices and body mechanics.
• Provide Range of Motion, as indicated.
• Provide reminders to take medication and loosen the cap (do not give medications).
• Complete proper documentation (date and place service provided, times service provided, actual service provided, etc.).
• Observe clients carefully and report changes in condition.
• Recognize client’s ability to make choices and support these within the constraints of care giving environment.
• Assist with the maintenance of a safe environment.
• Provide respite care, on a short-term basis, when there is an absence of, or need for, relief for the caregiver.
• Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
Please call or email me with any questions you may have.
855.662.9500 Toll Free
• Current Certified Nursing Assistant certification from state, OR
• • If currently a nursing student, provide documentation of completion of the Basic Core Nursing Curriculum course and a letter documenting satisfactory completion in the last five (5) years, OR
• 1 of 2 Updated December 2011
• If completed Nurse Aide Training, but not certification, provide a letter by the institute of training indicating dates of training with documentation of pass/fail status on written and basic custodial skills within the past three (3) years, AND
• Maintain twelve (12) hours of in-service training each year spread across four (4) quarters in addition to normal supervisory guidance and training.
• Current/active CPR certification, preferred.
• Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
• Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
• Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
• Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
• Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
• Reliable transportation required.
• Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders and vendors.